The best raw materials, all Italian

Our garments are made from the highest quality materials, all sourced in Italy. The pure cashmere and cashmere silk come from the Marche region and the world's best-known producer of this noble yarn, while the extra-fine merino wool is sourced from the Biella region. Production is located in Emilia, between Parma, Reggio Emilia and Carpi, areas that have long been a world-class district for knitwear production.

soft, warm, velvety

Cashmere is a precious textile fibre, with incomparable warmth and softness, derived from the hair of the Hircus goat. Its name comes from the Kashmir region, located between India, Pakistan and China, from where it has been exported to Europe since the beginning of the 19th century. Italy is one of the countries par excellence in the processing of this material, and the one used by Desigknit comes from the most renowned Italian company that processes this yarn, not to compromise on quality.

70% cashmere 30% silk: a precious embrace

Two of the most precious yarns par excellence come together to create a precious material that is both light and resistant: cashmere silk. Silk, present at 30%, guarantees lustre, strength and freshness, while the remaining 70% cashmere gives that unmistakable softness, as well as the ability to absorb body heat in summer. Their combination results in soft, fine and light garments, making them the ideal outfit to wear every day of the four seasons.

100% extra-fine merino: all the comfort of nature

An entirely recyclable product, the extra-fine merino wool comes from the shearing of Merino breed sheep, raised in Italy by passionate breeders with great attention to the land and animal welfare. Each fleece is meticulously selected by hand by careful wool sorters, so that only the finest and most valuable fibres are used for production. This makes the garments very comfortable, breathable in summer and insulating in winter, and thanks to the presence of keratin it guarantees an antibacterial and therefore anti-odour action.


Gauge is a unit of measurement that indicates the number of needles on the machine that weaves the yarn. In knitwear, the gauge classification ranges from 3 to 18, and the number is inversely proportional to the thickness of the garment (gauge 18 is the thinnest and gauge 3 is the thickest).

70% Cashmere 30% Silk:
Gauge 18
100% Cashmere:
Gauge 12 / 7 / 3
100% Merino Extrafine:
Gauge 12 / 7 / 3
Gauge 18

Extremely light and suitable for 4-season use. A long-sleeved crew-neck shirt in gauge 18 weighs approx. 180 grams (in size 50)

Gauge 12

The most popular because it combines lightness with good protection from the cold. A long-sleeved crew-neck jumper in gauge 12 weighs approximately 280 grams (in size 50)

Gauge 7

Refers to the English knitwear tradition, fuller than 12 gauge to combine protection from the cold and elegance. A long-sleeved crew-neck jumper in gauge 7 weighs approximately 430 grams (in size 50)

Gauge 3

It is a refined alternative to jackets, giving warmth and softness to the garment. A cardigan jacket in 100% cashmere with a gauge of 3 (worked with 6 threads) weighs approximately 850 grams (in size 50) A cardigan jacket in 100% extra-fine merino with a gauge of 3 (worked with 8 threads) weighs approximately 1,450 grams (in size 50)